Optimal productivity requires welding equipment that combines effective operation with maximum cost-efficiency. Modular and modern standardised robot cells such as ABB’s FlexArc® are an established way of raising quality and productivity standards.
FlexArc® welding cells are designed to deliver cost-effective, state of-the-art robotic welding operations. All cells deliver maximum performance whilst making optimum use of available space. The basic cell options feature a single or two robots with Multi-Move, a choice of ABB positioners from an extensive range and welding equipment to suit the needs of the application.
All equipment is installed on a common movable platform, which provides for easy relocation within the production facilities. The cells are also equipped with centralised power distribution – all of the connected equipment such as robots, positioners, welding machines, lighting and other peripheral devices are supplied from a single power connection, which means that only one supply cable for the whole cell is necessary.
Advantages of adopting ABB’s FlexArc welding cells include:
- Low investment costs.
- An intuitive graphical user interface for operators.
- Reduced downtime thanks to improved error handling.
- Higher quality through automatic production and process monitoring.
- Improved cost-efficiency thanks to global standardisation.
- Short delivery times.
- Proven two-station principle – loading and welding.
- Off-line programming for fast and easy implementation.
- Improved workspace safety.
- Boosts workflow.