Our country is blessed with many companies and persons implementing water savings. The Energy Training Foundation (EnTF) this year is launching the Certified Water Efficiency Professional (CWEP), the International Certification Body, the Association of Energy Engineers’ (AEE) qualification program.
AEE programs are designed to distinguish persons in various fields of sustainability through its Certification programs which recognises current knowledge and work experience largely as an eligibility requirement to successfully obtain, and maintain, such a qualification. The CWEP two-day training session culminates the experience gained during the years, with a 4-hour examination on the third day which has to be passed with 70% in order to attain the last eligibility requirement for the qualification. Implementing water-efficient technologies or techniques often involves individuals with varied backgrounds, responsibilities, and levels of expertise. CWEP is designed to help educate those who have responsibilities in the sustainable or utility efficiency field on best practices for maximising results and understanding water efficiency basics.
The training will teach technical and organisational strategies, including how to conduct a water efficiency site assessment, understanding water billing/costs, use of terminology, regulatory and international mandates and policies, efficiency technologies and application techniques, as well as water measurement and verification needs. Key areas and sectors covered include commercial kitchens, laundries, cooling and heating systems, domestic plumbing system, filtration, softening, landscaping and irrigation systems, industrial processing systems, pools, hospitals, medical and laboratories, storm water management, HVAC and mechanical equipment, and more.
The training is ideal for persons in the following professions:
- Water Services & Management Professionals
- Provincial/State and Municipal Planners & Government Resource Efficiency Managers
- Certified Energy Managers (CEMs)
- Energy & water administrators & Utility Professionals
- Water, Energy & Facilities Champions and Certified Energy Auditors (CEAs)
- Sustainability Professionals & Energy Professionals
- Certified Sustainable Development needing Water Efficiency Strategies Professionals (CDSPs)
- Government Resource Efficiency Energy & Water Administration Managers
- Contractors & Maintenance Managers, technicians and operators
- GovernmentFacilityManagersBuilding Technicians & Operators New Facility
- Entrants into the Water Building Owners & Property Efficiency Field
- Energy management professionals needing water efficiency strategies
CWEP launches on 12-14 July in Johannesburg this year, with a second course running straight after the Southern African Energy Efficiency Convention 2017 from 16-18 November, and in Kenya some additional modules will be added to CWEP running from 12-15 September with the exam on 18 September 2017.
Enquiries: Email firstname.lastname@example.org