We publish eleven publications that cover various engineering disciplines. Advertising with us will expose your product or service to a wide targeted audience.
Crown offers both print and online advertising opportunities. Rates and features for each of our publications can be downloaded from the respective magazine pages.
To access our rate cards, please visit the "ADVERTISE" section on the individual magazine pages, or click on the links below:
- African Fusion
- Capital Equipment News
- Construction World
- Electricity + Control
- Lighting in Design
- MechChem Africa
- Modern Mining
- Modern Quarrying
- Sparks Electrical News
Print advertisement sizes
|Full size with bleed: 303 mm deep x 216 mm wide
Trimmed: 297 mm deep x 210 mm wide
Safety type area: 260 mm deep x 180 mm wid
|180 mm deep x 120 mm wide|
|Vertical: 260 mm deep x 90 mm wide
Horizontal: 130 mm deep x 180 mm wide
|180 mm deep x 120 mm wide|
- Press optimised pdf file saved as CMYK, centred with bleed. Please note that if incorrect material is supplied, production costs for corrections will be charged.
- A full art production service, at a reasonable rate, is available to clients requiring advertising material.
Online advertisement sizes
|Standard Rectangle banner||(235 w x 175 h pixels)||R 2 310|
|Standard Square banner||(235 w x 235 h pixels)||R 3 240|
|Standard Tall banner||(235 w x 350 h pixels)||R 5 200|
|Large Rectangle banner||(325 w x 245 h pixels)||R 4 750|
|Large Square banner||(325 w x 325 h pixels)||R 5 900|
|Wide banner||(600 w x 110 h pixels)||R 6 300|
Special requests will be looked at individually
- All advertisements must confirm to the sizes specified above.
- Resolution: 72dpi. Saved as /png/jpeg/gif.
Terms of acceptance
- No cancellation of bookings shall be accepted after the booking deadline.
- The proprietors and publishers shall not be liable for any loss incurred by the failure of an advertisement to appear on a special date.
- The publisher shall not be liable for any error in the published or inserted advertising material, except in circumstances where the client can prove that such error is due solely to the negligence of the publisher.
- The maximum remedy of the client for an error shall be the placement of the advertising material in a subsequent issue of the publication, at no cost to the client.
- It is the client’s responsibility to supply material that has been checked and approved by the material deadline. If material is not forthcoming, the publishers have the right to make up material for the space booked. The cost of making up the material will be debited to the client.
- All copy for advertisements is subject to approval by the publisher who reserves the right to decline or cancel any advertisement or series of advertisements.
- All advertising and production charges are subject to VAT. Reproduction costs are additional and subject to VAT.
- Payment is due on 30 days net.